Sunday, August 15, 2004

Take a Band-Aid...

Today's station idea came from some guy that did a talk for my mother-in-law's church's sunday school teachers, etc... We had a few pens, a pile of band-aids, and a small trash can & the following instructions:

Take a band-aid.
Take off the wrapper and write your name on the top of the band-aid.
Find someone and tell them about a hurt that they can see (a scratch, a bruise, a bump) and how you got it.
Then tell them about a hurt that can’t be seen.
Give them the band-aid with your name on it so they can wear it.
Every-time they see it they should pray for you and your hurt.
Offer to get them a band-aid.



So I did the station, and later during the service, found myself a bit weepy/emotional about the whole thing - somehow verbalizing my current hurt brought it to the surface in a pretty big way. Not what I expected, but I hope it was as impactful for the others who participated...

No comments: